The trees they grow high, the leaves they do grow green,
树已长高,叶子已变绿
Many is the time my true love I've seen,
许多我所看到的就如我的爱人
Many an hour I have watched him all alone,
许多时候我都在孤单的注视着他
He's young but he's daily growing.
他很年轻但他在一天天长大
Father, dear father, you've done me great wrong,
父亲,亲爱的父亲, 你犯了一个很大的错误
You have married me to a boy who is too young,
你把我嫁给了一个那么小的男孩
I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,
我已经24了而他才14岁
He's young but he's daily growing.
他很小, 但我想他会日渐长大
Daughter, dear daughter, I've done you no wrong,
女儿, 我亲爱的女儿,我没有做错
I have married you to a great lord's son,
我把你嫁给了一个显耀贵族的儿子
He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,
有一天当我不在了他会很好的照顾你
He's young but he's daily growing
他现在很年轻,但他会一天天长大
Father, dear father, if you see fit,
父亲,父亲,如果你认为可以
We'll send him to college for another year yet,
在来年我们把他送到大学去
I'll tie a blue ribbon all around his head,
我会为他裹上蓝色的头巾
To let the maidens know that he is married.
让别人知道他已经结婚了
One day I was looking over my father's castle wall,
一天我从父亲的城墙看过去
I spied all the boys playing with a ball,
我看到男孩们正在打球
And my own true love was the flower of them all,
而我的爱人是当中的皎皎
He's young but he's daily growing.
他现在很年轻但他在一天天长大
And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,
如此的早,在拂晓时分
They went into a hayfield to have some sport and play,
他们来到草地上运动 玩耍
And what they did there she never would declare,
他们所做的她永远也不会说
But she never more complained of his growing.
但是现在她永远也不能再嘟哝他的成长
At the age of fourteen he was a married man,
14岁,他已经结婚
At the age of fifteen the father of my son,
15岁,他已经是一个孩子的父亲
At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,
16岁,他的坟墓已是郁郁苍苍
And death had put an end to his growing.
死亡给他的成长画上了句号
I'll buy my love some flannel, I'll make my love a shroud,
我要给我的爱人买绒服, 给他做寿衣
With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,
每缝一针,眼泪就流出来
With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,
一针又一针, 我不知道如何控制我的泪水
Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.
也许是命运的捉弄, 就这样走完他的一生 作者: 丨一朵丶空桑 时间: 2009-4-2 18:13
终于等到咯
弄得我昨晚没睡好
给紫紫姐小草作者: 丨一朵丶紫紫 时间: 2009-4-2 18:19
谢谢空桑支持